Hazmat Shipping - Maritime Shipping Guide
Maritime Transport of Hazardous Materials
A Guide to Safe and Compliant Hazmat Shipping By Sea
A large amount of hazardous materials are transported by sea each day and proper compliance is essential to safe and secure maritime hazmat shipping. Below find a guide to helpful products and tools for the maritime transport of hazardous materials.
- Stay Up-to-Date on the Latest Maritime Hazmat Shipping Publications
The IMDG Code is required for anyone shipping dangerous goods by vessel. This publication outlines requirements for hazardous materials labeling, markings, documentation and training. It includes hazardous materials packaging requirements for all articles defined as dangerous. The IMDG Code can be purchased as a print publication or access the IMDG software version.
- Be Informed on Required Hazmat Shipping Papers to Avoid Dangers and Delays
The IMO Dangerous Goods Declaration form multimodal dangerous goods form is used by shippers who offer hazardous materials for shipping by cargo or passenger ships. It offers information on the hazard, the shipper and much more. This form meets the requirements of SOLAS 74, chapter VII, regulation 4; MARPOL 73/78, Annex III, regulation 4 and the IMDG Code, Chapter 5.4.
- Train Employees on the IMDG Code to Ensure Safety
IMDG Code General Awareness training focuses on safe and compliant transport of dangerous goods transported by ocean and common carrier. It outlines detailed requirements for all you need to know to comply with labeling, training, marking and documentation regulations.
Hazmat Incidents and Damages by Mode
DOT PHMSA reports hazmat incidents across the United States. The following infographic documents hazmat incidents and total damages as a result of hazmat accidents. Proper packaging, labeling, marking, and placarding are vital to safetly shipping hazmat.
Click the Hazmat Incidents Infographic to enlarge the image.
- Obexion Battery Packaging
- CHEMTREC Labels
- Useful Tools
- Lithium Battery Resources
- Lithium Battery Shipping
- UN Numbers
- Compliance Is...
- Hazardous Materials Definitions
- How to Use 49 CFR
- DOT Labels, Placards, & Markings
- Hazmat Training Requirements
- 10 Ways to Cut Hazmat Costs
- 10 Ways to Help You Ship DG
- Air Transport of DG Guide
- Ground Transport of DG Guide
- Maritime Transport of DG Guide
- Most Common Hazardous Materials
- Most Searched for Hazardous Materials
- Hazmat Label Material Types
- Hazmat Label Specifications
- Hazmat Placard Material Types
- Hazmat Placard Specifications
- UN Markings Guide
- DG Report
- Reverse Logistics
- FedEx Battery Shipping Policy
- UPS Battery Shipping Policy
- Security Seals Guide
- Shipping DG in Limited Quantities
- Common DG Shipping Violations
- DG Supply Chain
- 49 CFR Made Easy
- USPS Publication 52
- DG Training FAQ
- Personalized Products
- Product Resources
- DG Symposium
- Labelmaster Blog
- DG Outlook Q&A
- Media Library
- Regulatory Experts
- Innovative Solutions