The IMDG Code - IMO Dangerous Goods Regulations
Get Your IMDG Book from Labelmaster
What is the IMDG Code?
The IMDG Code is the global, international reference for shipping dangerous goods by maritime vessel on the water. The 2-volume IMO DG regulations is required for anyone shipping DG by water and features updates and revisions regarding packaging and storage requirements for all regulated hazardous materials.
- Adopted in the 1965
- Formed to prevent all types of sea pollution
- Ensures safe packaging and transport of dangerous goods by sea
- Applies to all cargo ships around the world
- Created per UN recommendations by the International Maritime Organization (IMO)
The IMDG Code, 2020 40th Amendment includes:
- Detailed recommendations for individual substances, materials, and articles
- Standard requirements to all aspects of handling dangerous goods and marine pollutants in sea transport
- A number of recommendations for good operational practice, including advice on terminology, packing, labeling, storage, separation, and handling emergency response action
- Such recommendations and advice for manufacturers, packers, shippers, feeder services such as road and rail, and port authorities as well as mariners
and Required June 1st, 2022
What’s New in the IMDG Code 40th Amendment?
- The amendment is harmonized with the update to the 21st Edition of the UN Model regulations
- Changes to the definitions in chapter 1.2
- Modifications to the list of high consequence dangerous goods in 126.96.36.199.2.
- In Part 2, there are various amendments in the class chapters
- There are four new UN Numbers added to the DGL
- There have been several updates and additions to the packing instructions
- There is a new requirement to note on the transport document when lithium cells or batteries are offered for transport under special provision 376 or special provision 377
- The Emergency Response Schedules have been updated to the latest changes.
- and many more changes
Buy Your IMDG Books at Labelmaster
2020 IMDG Code 40th Amendment
IM40N1EBK is available now. IMO0057, IMO0058, IMO0059, and IMO0060 are anticipated to ship in April 2021.