The IMDG Code - IMO Dangerous Goods Regulations
Get Your IMDG Book from Labelmaster
What is the IMDG Code?
The IMDG Code is the global, international reference for shipping dangerous goods by maritime vessel on the water. The 2-volume IMO DG regulations is required for anyone shipping DG by water and features updates and revisions regarding packaging and storage requirements for all regulated hazardous materials.
- Adopted in the 1965
- Formed to prevent all types of sea pollution
- Ensures safe packaging and transport of dangerous goods by sea
- Applies to all cargo ships around the world
- Created per UN recommendations by the International Maritime Organization (IMO)
The IMDG Code, 2022 41st Amendment includes:
- Detailed recommendations for individual substances, materials, and articles
- Standard requirements to all aspects of handling dangerous goods and marine pollutants in sea transport
- A number of recommendations for good operational practice, including advice on terminology, packing, labeling, storage, separation, and handling emergency response action
- Such recommendations and advice for manufacturers, packers, shippers, feeder services such as road and rail, and port authorities as well as mariners
and Required January 1, 2024
What’s New in the IMDG Code 41st Amendment?
- Stay tuned! We are gathering this information for you.
- Check back soon.