- 13 questions (and answers) about the 2020 Emergency Response Guidebook
- Labelmaster's Experts in the Industry News
- Labelmaster's Obexion Line Expansion Press Release is Getting Industry Notice
- Labelmaster Expands Obexion Lithium Battery Packaging Product Line
- Labelmaster Extreme Conditions Products Press Release is Getting Noticed
New Lithium Battery Marks and Labels are Mandatory on January 1st
Friday, October 12, 2018
As 2019 quickly approaches, lithium battery shippers need to be aware of the mandatory lithium battery label changes that become effective on January 1st. On January 1st the lithium battery mark becomes mandatory and the handling label becomes obsolete.
Instead of displaying “Lithium Ion Battery” or “Lithium Metal Battery” the new marks display the specific UN number(s) associated with the battery shipment (i.e, UN3480, UN3481, UN3090, and UN3091). Displaying the UN number(s) easily identifies whether or not the package contains standalone batteries, or batteries contained in/packed with equipment. A telephone number is also required, and no additional statements are allowed to be displayed on the mark in accordance with the regulations. Read more at New Lithium Battery Marks and Labels are Mandatory on January 1st.