A well-run operation begins with a well developed protocol.
Up-to-date, and easily understood policies and procedures are critical elements of a well-functioning dangerous goods operation. We assist with initial development of policies and procedures as well as maintenance and improvement as regulations and best-practices change over time.
These services are often a result of risks identified during an audit or assessment. Labelmaster Services consultants have significant operational experience as senior compliance managers at global companies with complex dangerous goods shipping operations. These consultants tailor this experience to meet the needs of customers whether they are large or small, domestic or global.
Policies and Procedures services typically include:
- Procedures and information to assist personnel (particularly maintenance, shipping and storage personnel) to identify products/components that contain dangerous goods, including undeclared and improperly declared materials
- Procedures and information for determining the proper classification, packaging, marking, labeling, and materials compatibility of products/components
- Procedures and information on how these products/components are to be moved, stored, or handled
- Information, guidance, and precautions on the specific hazards associated with customer's products
- Audit procedures (may include full development of internal audit capabilities and tools)
- Record keeping procedures (e.g. training records, shipping papers, closure instructions, etc.)
- Procedures related to enforcement visits and inspections
- Performance monitoring and reporting procedures