Junius “Jay” Johnson is Senior Manager for Labelmaster Services, specializing in dangerous goods packaging. As an expert in dangerous goods regulations, Jay's niche is packaging and logistics solutions for the chemical and biotech industries. As consultant, presenter, and writer on issues pertaining to the transportation of hazardous materials, Jay has been an active participant and major resource in the development and implementation of international dangerous goods regulations. He was a recent speaker at the 2019 Cooperative Hazardous Materials Enforcement Development (COHMED) Program.
Johnson is a member of the Council on Safe Transportation of Hazardous Articles (COSTHA), a board member of the Dangerous Goods Trainers Association, Inc. (DGTA) and past chairman of the Dangerous Goods Advisory Council (DGAC). He is also a Dangerous Good Safety Advisor (DGSA) in Europe and an approved dangerous goods instructor by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Jay has the following specialized training:
- Basics of Hazardous Materials Management Seminar, Pagett Tompson
- Basic HM Awareness Course, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Dangerous Goods Instructor, UK CAA
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor Training Course, Hazardous Materials Advisory Council
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA) – Scottish Qualifications Authority - until 2019
- European Road & Rail (RID/ADR), Dangerous Goods Advisory Council
- Hazardous Waste Course, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Hazardous Waste Course for Small Quantity Generators, N.C.S.U.
- IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, International Compliance Center, LTD.
- IATA/ICAO/FAA Air Transportation, Government Services Institute
- Infectious Substances, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Infectious Substances Shipping Regulations, American Biological Safety Association
- Instructor Development Workshop, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Instructor Training HazMat Modules, U.S. Department of Transportation
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods – VOHMA
- Risk Management Workshop, Hazardous Materials Advisory Council
- Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air, Hazardous Materials Advisory Council
- Transport of Hazardous Material – Basic, Government Services Institute
- Transport of Hazardous Material – Advanced, Government Services Institute
- Transportation of Infectious Substances, Saf-T-Pak