Dangerous Goods List Software
Dangerous Goods Lists Including IATA, IMDG Code, ADR, 49 CFR, and TDG
Labelmaster technology solutions empower your shipping operation with the latest regulatory information, including an up-to-date list of dangerous goods. Dangerous Goods Lists (DGLs) help reduce the never-ending tedium of manual regulatory updates, saving time and energy for you to focus on other responsibilities.
WHAT IS A DANGEROUS GOODS LIST?
In short, the table of UNIDs includes Proper Shipping Name, Hazard Class, Packing Group, Quantity Limitations and more. Each regulatory agency has different compliance requirements, which means their DGLs are slightly different. If you ship via ground in the U.S. and by sea internationally, you would need the 49 CFR DGL and IMO’s IMDG Code DGL. Subscriptions with periodic updates are available for:
- IATA Dangerous Goods List: A table of substances or articles that are deemed dangerous and could pose a risk to an aircraft or persons on board. Air transportation of these commodities may be restricted or forbidden.
- IMO IMDG Code Dangerous Goods List: The IMDG Code regulates the safe transport of dangerous goods in packaged form to prevent pollution of maritime environments.
- 49 CFR Dangerous Goods List: Presents a list of dangerous goods regulations for ground transport in the United States.
- ADR Dangerous Goods List: The ADR list represents the European ground carriage of various dangerous goods, as well as general and special provisions applicable to the transport of these dangerous materials.
- TDG Dangerous Goods List: List of the dangerous goods commodities regulated for transport by Transport Canada.
Each regulatory entity has adopted their DGLs based off the Model U.N. Regulations DGL Columns*:
1. U.N. Number
2. Proper Shipping Name (Name + Description)
3. Class or Division
5. Packing Group
6. Special Provisions
7a. Limited Quantities
7b. Excepted Quantities
8. Packing Instructions
9. Special Packing Provisions
10. Instruction for Portable Tanks and Bulk Containers
11. Special Provisions
The DGLs are available in a convenient electronic format for your organization to process and properly prepare shipments for each mode of transport, helping to reduce the never-ending tedium of manual regulatory updates. Each file is updated and sent to you as the regulatory agency makes changes, ensuring your organization maintains compliant shipping processes. The lists can be used as a stand-alone file or uploaded to your shipping systems so anyone in your organization can manage inventory and shipping procedures. These convenient tools help your organization maintain compliance throughout the supply chain.
Have questions about if a Dangerous Goods List is right for your needs?
Call our regulations hotline at: 1-800-578-4955
* For more detailed information on individual table and subscription details, contact us.